View Single Post
      03-29-2020, 03:48 PM   #8
2008_335
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
No, I'm saying it's much more likely the discrepancy is caused by something not being installed fully/correctly, than an incorrect torque setting somehow causing it to be out.
Lol my bad wasn't paying attention to which one I mentioned first. Thank you for your help.

Yesterday, I took a video of my suspension bits on both sides through turning my steering wheel all the way to each side. I then looked over the vids to see if maybe a bushing was leaking. On the video of the passenger side, I noticed that the strut pin was actually not sitting all the way on into the steering knuckle. I wasn't able to capture this angle of the strut in my video of the driver side, but I plan on going and taking a look at it later this afternoon (studying rn).

I wanted to drop this pic here and see if the strut not sitting completely into the knuckle could really cause the caster discrepancy. It looks like it could sit another 1/2 an inch, maybe less.

I don't understand how the strut not sitting in all the way could affect caster, as it would seem to only affect the height only.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0