View Single Post
      04-07-2020, 12:15 PM   #5
sav_e92
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ‘07 328xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteblue3er View Post
I just replaced my motor mounts and shifting is night and day.

I just did a manual trans swap and after doing so, power delivery felt as if I was using a rubber band between the trans and engine. After doing mounts, power delivery is solid. Had 131k on the drivers, passenger which takes more load was replaced around 80k miles. Both were stiff when I took them out so at first; I thought it wasn't going to make a difference but it completely solved that disconnected feeling I was getting.

I used 034 Motorsport 50A mounts. FWIW, I also have a solid aluminum transfer case mount.

I've never used those 034 motorsport subframe inserts but in theory, they should be better than those poly inserts you see. These seem to lockdown the inner metal section with the rest of the subframe/chassis. Similar to how my transfer case mount by Twisted Tuning works.

Btw xDrive models do not have trans mounts. There is only the transfer case mount
Thanks for that input. I'll see if I can visually check the motor mounts by revving up while holding the e-brake and will judge the motion there. I'm thinking that its more likely to be the transfer case mount (thanks for the tip on the xi not having trans mounts) or the subframe just based on where I feel the clunk but definitely won't rule out the motor mounts.

Did you notice any increased NVH with the harder mounts or solid t-case mount?
Appreciate 0