View Single Post
      09-07-2012, 10:04 PM   #1
cchan
Private
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 328i/'11 C2S/'04 GT3

Interest? GGC BMWCCA HPDE at Laguna Seca Jan. 5-6 2013?

Hi everyone - on behalf of the Golden Gate BMWCCA board and driving events team, we wanted to try to gauge interest in holding a weekend HPDE school at Laguna Seca in January 2013. Specifically, the first weekend, on January 5+6.

We know there has been interest among CCA members to hold a two-day weekend school at Laguna (don't have to take a day off of work, easier for SoCal folks to make it). But, a question is whether those dates are attractive, being right after the holidays and New Year. So we thought we’d try and gauge the interest level for this date. Bear in mind, weekends in particular are really really hard to get at Laguna, so any dates GGC might get later in the year are most likely going to be on a weekday (which we know is harder for people to attend).

So, the question comes down to is this a good date to hold a school? What's the likelihood you would come out given those dates? Those of you in SoCal, does a two day weekend in January make it more likely that you would make the trip?

Note: I don’t know what pricing will be, but it was around $600 for the Friday+Saturday two day school we held back in February. It probably will be a little more due to annual price increases and higher costs for two weekend days instead of only one. Please bear in mind when you are “comparing” prices, we are running a fully instructed school and limit the number of cars in each run group. There are certainly other groups which run lower cost track events, but you’re comparing apples to oranges. The club is non-profit, and when we do the math, that’s simply what it costs to run a quality *school* (note I did not say open track day) with a set number of students. We're looking more for feedback about the date, not pricing please. Thanks!
Appreciate 0