11-18-2008, 02:17 PM   #6
Haywire
Haywire, brand new BMW owner :D
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by damadama View Post
I'd find whatever u need in writing somewhere and go back to them with a more firm approach.

I think its absolutely absurd that they only schedule oil changes every 15k miles and yet they advertise zero maintenance cost for oil changes up to 50k miles. Do they really think its good to run engines 15k on no oil change? Most other manufacturers seem to recommend like every 5k and I know lots of ppl that want to do them every 3k.
as far as every 3oook, thats a waste... these engines are efficient, i dont see any practical need for it but what do i know.

Unless AMERICAN policy is different from CANADIAN policy (which i doubt) he is simply bullshiatting you... after one year, no matter what the mileage...you are entitled to ONE oil change! Now if you already had an oil change after your first year...thats it, you would have to pay for a second.

I wont be prompted to have my oil changed this year because im at 17ooo and my car is put away for the winter already. but next may, my purchase date...i will be entitled to my FIRST free change whether or not the car tells me to.

now if i get prompted to do the next one before the year is out...im guessing ill have to pay because i already pushed my initial change forward.

* BUT MAKE SURE YOU KNOW YOU ARE ENTITLED TO ONE OIL CHANGE A YEAR, prompt or not after your FIRST FULL YEAR OF OWNERSHIP under your warranty.
Appreciate 0