View Single Post
      02-23-2015, 11:06 AM   #42
anthony.
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 11' 335i e92xdrive lemans blue

oh boy.. love how a lot of people love to talk out of there "a**." saying this, saying that about aftermarket intakes being un-beneficial, make less power, warmer IAT's..

In general, intakes if designed properly make power. just because the 335i doesn't make a tremendous amount in anyways doesn't mean it doesnt benefit. its a turboed car first of all, so IATs dont matter as much as an NA car. so you can suck in 3-4 degrees of warmer air and you'll experience no issue since the air will be warmed up soon after anyways. allowing the car to breath better, and less restrictive will help produce more power/tq. maybe not at peak but trust me theres a slight power increase. the more FBO and good tuning you get, the more power that intake will suffice.

to say an intake doesn't increase power and is only for sound... not true..

there are TONS of cars that have huge benefits from aftermarket intakes.

hell, my camaro before my 335i had a before and after dyno where my intake that was smack right in the engine bay with 5-6 degrees higher IAT's was making 16-17 RWHP more then the stock air box. for $350, it was a night and day difference.

although the stock airbox is good, it won't pull as much as a BMS for example, which it needs if your running higher boost..
Appreciate 0