View Single Post
      04-17-2012, 12:05 AM   #17
ruthless
Rep
Drives: 325i LCI

LMAO.... another hear-say story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laguna Seca Blue View Post
Don't feel too bad, you should be able to sell it quite easily. Unfortunately, HP gains don't tell the whole story. There is a right way to make power and a wrong way.

Reading the N54 forums is actually very interesting. It's part technical and part soap-opera. For example, if you dig deep enough you'll learn that Terry was banned from E90post for repeatedly attempting to sell his product without being a supporting vendor. You can look it up, his username was Terry335. From what I understand, he basically learnt how to tune cars on this forum and then started selling a slipshod product for less than US$100. He has maintained his position as the price leader, and his product has improved tremendously. However there are still gaping holes in his knowledge as evidenced by this ignition timing issue.

I'm getting the Procede because I believe Shiv is the real innovator on this platform. Again, if you look back at the beginning days of E90post, he has been at the forefront of all the development. Other tuners have adapted his innovations. Today, he continues to be ahead of the curve. Vishnu is the only shop that's been able to stuff a big single turbo in the N54 and make it work seamlessly. He did it in 3 months. HPF have been trying for almost 3 years!

As to whether V5 is the best tune out there, from the reviews I've read it definitely seems that way. Cobb is easier to install, but I think another HK member, "slimer777?" Recently compared the two and preferred the more linear power curve of the Procede. Also, I think he was running V4...V5 is on another level apparently.

I hope that helps If anyone else wants to recommend an alternative, I'd love to hear your opinion. I'm here to learn
Appreciate 0