View Single Post
      08-04-2016, 02:14 AM   #1
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: State Transit Bus

What's the worst mod you have done to your car past and present?

As title asks, what's the worst mod you have ever done to your car now and from cars in the past? What other bad things? They can be performance mods that just didn't do anything, sounded crap or exterior and interior mods that turned out really bad.

I know at least a couple of you have rolled on chrome rims. Fess up!

This is the first car I've modded properly, so my past rides have all been relatively stock. I had a Datsun 260Z 2+2 about 15 years ago and I put lambswool seat covers on them
I'm not sure if I should admit this, but I also put in a pair of fluffy dice... didn't stay long haha

And my current car. Where do I start. I bagged my E93 and many people frown on bagged E9xs but I love it. It just wasn't installed very well. It was literally a backyard job and everything wasn't mounted right, there's a knock in one of the struts, the air lines weren't tucked away properly, the tank and compressors are mounted on a plain bit of MDF. That''s slowly being rectified bit by it.

And now, one of my newest mods. M4 rear bumper. GOD FUCKING DAMN IT IS UGLY! I also got a carbon fibre diffuser for it and GOD FUCKING DAMN IT IS UGLY TOO! All up is was NOT a cheap exercise but luckily insurance paid for it. I just had to be different and give it a try. Not many had done it and it looked ok in the photos of the two or three cars I could find that had done it. Lesson learnt.

I am so horrified by the results that I refused to send Socket photos I had of it when he asked me haha. I also had to get quad tips for the rear and the exhaust had to be modified a bit too. Going back to stock is gonna be harder than just putting my old stock bar on.

Will decide on either M Sport rear bar or M3 rear bar. After someone rear ends me later on in the year for another insurance claim.
Appreciate 0