Mach 1 in a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Garage List
Phone interface

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStripe
Thanks for the update CaptJack. In an earlier post on a different thread, you had mentioned that the radio display (at least for non I-Drive cars) interacts with your bluetooth phone.

1) Once you pair your phone, can you scroll through your numbers using the radio display and buttons on your steering wheel?
2) When you get an incoming call, does the radio display show caller ID if available?
3) How else does the radio display interact with the phone? Thanks.
Answer to #1 is I'm not sure, I haven't tried that. You would normally do that by turning the 2 knobs on the radio. The radio face takes on many different configurations depending on what you press. #2 is yes. You can also dial out by pressing the station buttons when the screen mimicks a key pad (horizontal). It will also list your missed calls and most other features offered on your phone. But, by far the best feature is "voice command". It works just like the 7 series. Simply press the voice command button on the steering wheel and tell Jeeves what you want to do. You can also control the volume of the incoming caller with your cell phone volume control as well as your radio volume control.

Check this out: This afternoon I was walking out of a store to my parked car. When I opened the door my phone automatically switched to the car stereo system without me doing or touching ANYTHING! My cell phone went silent and I was communicating through the cars system. All this with the car turned off and my key in my hand. The radio face lit up and all phone features were available. Pretty cool.
Appreciate 0