04-15-2018, 11:30 PM   #209
3wis3m3n
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335D Alpha Pappa View Post
Yes I have the tool. It is more than an OBD2 reader. It can activate a lot of components. Initiate a dpf regen, register a battery, and so on. I got tired of icarly nickle and dimeing me to death. I had an original bmwhat adapter that no longer worked with icarly but works fine with torque pro. They wanted me to upgrade to their newest version for another $60 + battery option + regen option ++++...

you can save $20 by buying the Foxwell NT510 and get the BMW option, but I decided to support a vendor here and buy it from them. I plan on adding the GM and Ford options for $60 each. The tool will read all codes but you need the options to look at live data or to activate parts.

After it scans your vin, it shows 3 DDE options including a UK version. I think it is model specific and will only show the options for your car. I do not have access to another bmw to verify that.

overall, how accurate is carly ?
i find it not so well..
but then again i might be wrong.

i did a parameter on oil level per % and per dipstick. both shows different numbers. dipstick numbers (58) is actually higher than the % (35) i find that weird. and when i check the dipstick manually it is on the minimum to max level.

i have the all access carly, and if anyone else have carly and can attest to that then im going to look for something else. dont get me wrong, the coding stuff is great but i mostly use it for parameters and diagnosis.
Appreciate 0