07-11-2018, 09:26 PM   #221
gjm120
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i, 2021 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4 View Post
I'm still alive and kicking Whats' up.
It's been 2.5 years since I've replaced it...i'm hoping it'd die in 2-3 months so I can get a free battery My wife's car Walmart battery died 2 weeks after 3 year warranty ran out and I had to pay over 1/2 the prorated replacement cost...2 weeks. How did they design it so perfectly right?

As for your question I don't remember exactly what made me believe it's 90Ah charging rate. I know stock battery is 90Ah and this EverStart Maxx might be designed for that. Or I thought someone else mentioned that in this long post early on.
I actually know that this battery can be coded as 95Ah but I didn't want to push to the max. It's been fine and no trouble so far after 2.5 years in hot AZ weather. It's Johnson Controls who makes them.

Good news is that you can just leave it alone with the charging code and just register it in Toolset32.
Had to ask if you're still around - I'm remember someone responding to someone who was really no longer around.

So you've gotten 2.5 years running it in AZ with the 90Ah profile? For what the battery costs, that wouldn't be too bad. It was actually cheaper than the H7. I guess not many cars can fit such a huge battery.

I got it registered right away with the Foxwell tool. I've been trying to decide whether to leave it in as a 90Ah or change it. Was convinced it was somewhere between 81 and 86 then saw you post. Guess I'll toss a coin.