United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demz760 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerNugget View Post
There's something fishy about OP's post....something missing.

If you already went to an Indy for the SES light, why did you ask for 2 more diags from the dealer at $175 each ($350 total). Seems like a waste of money if you already know why the SES light is on.

The recalls were free...so that leads to the stuff covered under SULEV warranty (VCG and O2 sensors).

They replaced the O2 sensors under SULEV warranty for you but the SES light is still on....did you ever take the time to think there could be more than 1 fault code? If it's not covered under SULEV, obviously the dealer didn't fix it and therefore your SES will stay on.

Also what exactly are you suing for? At the end of the day they took $350 from you (the amount you signed for). If you're trying to sue for "depression" as you mentioned, you better have a boatload of cash ready for your lawyer because no lawyer will take on your case on a contingency basis.

The battery cable cut part is also fishy as hell, if the cable was cut how did you drive the car 1.5 hours home? The cable is thick as hell, there is no way it can just corrode away or randomly break.

I hate stealerships too but I highly doubt they would deliberately break something on a customers car so they can fix it again and bill you for it. There's too much to lose for them. Dealers make enough money on financing new cars, selling used cars, and warranty repairs. They don't need to run these petty scams.
I asked for the diags from the dealer so they would fix my o2 sensors for free due to the SULEV warranty. The indy only pulled up O2 sensor, (maybe bad judgement on my part?) Why pay the indy shop labor if its suppose to be done for free.

I left the shop with a 2018 330i rental and only a signed agreement for $350, which was persuaded to me that I wouldnt even owe that because of the SULEV warranty.

Yes the cable cut is fishy as HELL. How do you think I FEEL? I drove 1:30mins approx, to this dealer and dropped the car off. They gave me a rental, already said this... :/

They called and said my car was ready to be pick up and when I got there they say my cable was cut, and I approved additional work, when I was contacted, (which NEVER happened) its on my service paperwork.

I can show copies of my service records and call logs from bmw of palm springs. lying and attempting to steal money from me should be a sueable offense in my eyes.

My car actually vibrates now when idling, pulsing rpms, again SES STILL ON.

And to the person who said they forwarded to bmw; I hope bmw does see this post. I actually see that as helping, (*edit usshelena725) thank you!
I'm going to refrain from further comment until Monday or Tuesday.

If the dealership hadn't responded by then, I may offer some additional details I obtained.

Just to say, we are not getting the whole story from the OP.