View Single Post
      02-17-2020, 07:44 AM   #1
NRigs
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi

Exhaust Valve Question

I recently did the half PE mod and installed a valvetronic controller to be able to open and close the valve with the remote. After install, the remote would not open and close the exhaust valve. I disconnected the vacuum hose from under the car and tested the remote again and noticed that vacuum would change when I press the different buttons. This confirms that the valvetronic controller is working properly. However, when I had the vacuum hose disconnected, it felt like there was not enough vacuum to open and close the vavle. To test, I plugged the standard connector back in to have the exhaust valve operate normally. The valve was open when I plugged it in and I drove the car that night. The next morning I found that the valve was closed. I plugged the valvetronic controller back in and I could not get the exhaust valve to open. So there was enough vacuum while driving to open and close the valve, but not at idle. Could the exhaust valve solenoid in the trunk by the tail light be going bad or could I have a leak in a vacuum hose up at the intake manifold? Note: I have had the exhaust valve plug in the trunk unplugged for 3 year (I was able to manually push the exhaust valve to open and close it)

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!