South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 335xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRigs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
The other port in the valve cover (not boost solenoid) goes to the driver's side strut tower and then connects to a vacuum hose that runs all the way to the exhaust flap actuator in the trunk. I only needed to replace the short hose (valve cover to strut tower). Check if there's any enigne oil in the hose. If yes then your vacuum pump is pumping up oil. It happened to me and my valve cover vacuum chamber was filled with engine oil.
Thank you for the info. Did you also have to replace your valve cover to stop oil from getting into the hose?
I replaced the valve cover first and then replaced the vacuum pump 2 weeks later.
The new valve cover already got some oil in that time frame so the shop extracted every bit of it for me.
Be very careful when replacing the hoses. The nipples can be fragile if the valve cover is old. Someone suggested cutting the old hose in half with a razor blade but I didn't have to do that because my valve cover was brand new.
Pure Stage 1 | DV+ & Inlet | Injen Intake | M3 Cowl | ETS 5" FMIC & CP | Aquamist HFS4 Direct Port | CSF Radiator | Wagner Catted DP | BMW PE | Apex FL-5 | Michelin PS4S | 335is Engine mount | SDW Monoball thrust arms | UUC Swaybars & SS Brake lines | Bilstein B8 | Dinan Springs & Shock mounts | Whiteline RSFB | M3 Rear Control arms | Manzo Toe arms | Wavetrac LSD
Appreciate 0