04-08-2019, 07:28 AM   #60
MrSweet1991
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueh88 View Post
Just a little update:
As per another thread started by me, I think I have found the source(s) of my main oil leak. Vacuum pump and the turbo!
Before this, I was contemplating whether to sell up and buy a new car but I could not think of anything which would fulfil my needs as much as this without looking at some serious machines and hence spending silly amounts. Instead, I've decided to fix the leaks and instead of replacing/refurbishing the standard turbo, I will be upgrading to a hybrid along with a Wagner front mount and remap again.
On a separate note, I have also longed for a Quaife for a couple of years now so...car is booked in with Birds after the vac pump leak is fixed next week! Once done, then I will be doing the hybrid/Wagner.
Wow so glad everything's getting sorted for you! And man what an absolute beast it will be after the mods! So jealous and I'm almost certain the N57 already has the 6HP28 doesn't it? A chap on YouTube (BMW Power) pushed 457HP on that transmission before writing it off. The Quaife is such a good investment as well, I've heard some great reviews. Cant wait to see the figures once it's all done
Appreciate 0