View Single Post
      04-21-2019, 03:43 PM   #1
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

What I love about owning a BMW - RealOEM.com and newTIS.com

I'm long-time BMW owner, 30+ years. Been turning wrenches on them even longer. What I love about BMW is you can own a 20 year old model, 30 years or longer even, and go on-line to RealOEM.com drop in the last 7 of the VIN, and practically get any part from BMW you need. Today, on my wife's 22 year old Z3 M44 Roadster, I just replaced the charcoal canister. It was reasonably priced at just over $100. An easy install, which took about 35 minutes. While under the hood, I noticed the hood sound insulation was spent. A mouse decided to use some for a nest... Surely BMW would have stopped production on that part. Nope just ordered it, $128 and the plastic rivets for it too.

Then you can use newTIS.com for DIY instructions to top it off.

This is why owning a BMW is worth it.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 5
GERMAN M34181.00
ItsGary1457.50
HJ478.00