View Single Post
      05-22-2019, 09:15 AM   #1
ekuLUKEkul
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 325d LCI

e91 325d n57 engine, idle problems

Hi all, I have posted something about this before but sadly never got anywhere with it. The problem did die down since last time but seems to be back.

So when starting the car if it has been stood more than 6-8 hours or so, the revs will sit at 600rpm for a few seconds and then start jumping around between 500-1000 and the car will feel shaky. When driving for a few minutes in d it seems to be struggling, I will leave my estate which involves a lot of 2nd gear 10-15mph driving with stops for around a minute or so, when driving the car feels like it's jerking slightly occasionally and when stopping the revs will jump all over, it also takes quite a firm press of the accelerator to get the car to react when going from a stop.

Once out I can accelerator to 30mph for normal town driving (stop starts etc) first few streets it will hold gear like mad but seems to drive okay, as soon as I let go of the accelerator the revs drop to 600rpm immediately, as if it's put itself in neutral, but still accelerate fine when I need to go and then after a few streets it drives fine.

Today however the accelerator didn't seem to react at all, I was stuck in the middle of the road for 5-10 seconds as the revs would jump and the car would roll like it should with no brake pressed in d but it would not accelerate, I eventually got it moving but once it did and I stopped at a main road I put it in m1 just to be sure.

I did get it scanned to no avail a few months back and was advised to make sure I'm not using supermarket fuel as I sometimes would. Which I stopped and that did seem to help however the problem seems to be back.

Sorry for the long post! But if anyone has had anything like this I could use some help as most threads suggest so many different things!
Appreciate 0