Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by matamua View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin2 View Post
It is the module for sure. We tested the pump and it works good. The module number is 3452 6778237-01. I am getting a used one.
Ok. In which case install the DSC then change VIN + default code to your VO.

Once done, you'll probably have fault codes. You should perform the Steering Angle and DSC Adjustment procedures by ISTA D
How would one go about doing that?

I'm new to all of this. I'm getting the trifecta. I bought a Foxwell scanner and it's consistently giving me 5DF0/5DF1 which from all the reading I've done it looks like the pump is the culprit. I've tried knocking the pump motor cover and that worked for a bit, but now the code is back.

I don't really have the luxury of a 2wk down time, so I was thinking of buying a used one, sending it to Module Masters for the rebuild and then installing just the rebuilt pump on my existing DSC. If after the bleed that does not work, I'd pull out my DSC and put in the rebuilt one from MM, at which point I'd need to recode it to my vin/VO as you state above.

How does one do that? In some of the other threads it sounds as though it's not possible and you must take it to the dealer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ok so the DSC is fine and has no faults? The pump is just knackered.

In that case a much cheaper way is to buy a used ABS pump (on eBay, they generally come with DSC attached) and swap the pump part onto your DSC.

If you go for a recent 2010 / 2011 then it should be fine.

No coding needed as the pump is not an ECU. It's controlled by your DSC.

Install, then perform the Steering angle and DSC Adjustment procedures in ISTA D. Bleed the system of course.
@Sensible_

Thanks for the info! Did they switch designs in 2010-11 to remedy the whole brushed motor debacle, or is it just because it's presumably lower miles?

Also, do you think that'll be a straight swap if the p/n is different as long as I'm doing RWD for RWD?
Lower miles and I think they may have changed the design. I haven't actually opened one up to check though.

Generally the pumps are different for 6cyl and 4cyl engines.

What is the current partnumber?
Appreciate 0