View Single Post
      01-17-2017, 07:17 PM   #16
FamilyManTrackSedan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 pre-lci 335xi 6mt sedan

It sounds like you guys have a bit more experience with bars and camber etc. If I'm being honest I'm at the "very good intermediate" level and yet unable to feel finite camber differences, or lacking the experience in a car that has a much more track oriented suspension. I feel I understand the car's mechanics well, I'm able to throttle lift oversteer and trailbrake for the result I want in and out of corners, but I would imagine a couple of you guys would think it's sloppy. Perhaps it's a lot like having never driven a 700hp car and believing your 400hp car is lightning fast (which mine is!).

So...my own question for you guys -
Is the reason I believe the K/E setup is a good one, because I'm an inexperienced driver who hasn't driven a better setup? Just noting massive improvement from my track days with stock springs and blown shocks? Or am I actually a great driver with a relatively sloppy car?!

The discussion on poly bushings has me regretting not popping them in before replacing my shot control arms.

Because I believe I like the stock plus K/E setup, or at least well enough for a dual duty vehicle, I may aim to get a bar in there and see what changes. (I've heard conflicting advice before on front bar vs rear vs both... There was a Randy Pobst article in GRM about installing a FRONT bar rather than a rear bar, and I believe to ajsalida's point, trusting in a bit of understeer mechanics).
Appreciate 0