01-04-2011, 11:59 AM   #63
ajvee
Major
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowbox View Post
CPO > *

Just be sure you get a copy of the CPO inspection. We picked up a 07 e92 & found out 2 months later that we couldn't adjust the headlights up. It was this summer & I hadn't driven the car at night (her car). I went to move them up a smidge & they didn't move. Brought it back to Minnetonka where we bought it. They said that both of the headlight adjusters were physically broken & that we must gotten into an accident, not covered by warranty & it would be $3000 to fix.

So i raised holy hell with them. The car had 1000 miles on it since we picked it up. After ripping through the poor service adviser, was put on to the service manager & then to the sales manager. I got then to admit that they missed the fact that the headlights we not working properly in the CPO inspection.

They bought me some new lights.

I've read about many stories like this that give me little faith in the CPO process. Many owners have reported finding tunes in their CPO cars.

Personally, a CPO audi that I looked at didn't even have the ashtray cleaned out.
Appreciate 0