View Single Post
      11-06-2018, 07:07 AM   #23
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mweisdorfer View Post
Bilstein B4's are about 10% stiffer than stock. The sport version of that will be more than 10%.
Says who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmJunky View Post
Now these last two posts have sent me down another path of uncertainty though. I was dead set on the B6's until reading mweisdorfer's and Spitfire007's posts.
Dude, don't puss out. For every 1 negative you read about B6s/B8s you'll read 10 more that sing their praises.

Keeping things in perspective, the previous poster drives his car around Brooklyn and NYC...well no shit it's going to ride rough! As if the stock junk underdamped shocks/struts would handle those conditions any better. Wrong car entirely for that intended purpose IMO.

Not to mention, the B4s and FSDs are crap...if you haven't seen enough bad reviews lately to completely strike them off your list yet then you aren't researching hard enough.

If you want to lower the car, either do it now or don't do it at all. My vote is that you go Dinan as other options seem all but pointless in comparison...either that or maybe find some low mile OEM Sport springs. Or better yet, just have chris@strutmonkey put either option together for you to avoid the headache; especially since you seem so stressed out about this entire process for some reason.

Also, if you don't want to go full M3 control arms up front, just do the M3 lower arm to freshen up that piece (while also adding some much needed camber) and go with the Meyle upper arm instead. It's a full rubber bushing that's stiffer than stock (so no future leaks) but isn't as stiff as the M3 piece (less NVH, etc.).
Appreciate 0