View Single Post
      06-27-2019, 04:55 AM   #3
ekuLUKEkul
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 325d LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Streek View Post
I have a 325d LCI tho mines and early LCI so has the M57 engine. I started to get juddering under certain acceleration (the main one being when cruising on the motorway, a light press of the accelerator and it started stuttering before picking up speed) which pointed to the EGR. So I replaced it, then found the problem was still there, traced it to the vacuum controller that was playing up, so had superchips map out the EGR and the problem went away.

The plus point of mapping out the EGR is that you can leave everything on the car so no need for blanking kits etc. Its had no effect on the running of the car at all, regens still happen as they did it still warms up as quickly in the winter. No change in performance or mpg. Going through the MOT the guy commented on how good the emissions were.

Pulling the EGR off without mapping it out will activate a warning light which may well prevent regens. So mapping it out or fixing it would be the best 2 options to ensure your regens still happen.
Thanks for the reply! That sounds exactly like my issue when accelerating at motorway speeds, do you know what was the problem with the vacuum controller? I'm thinking of getting it off to have a clean as the first step, but wondering if the controller can be fixed if the EGR cleaning doesn't do the job.

Did you get a remap as well or just map the EGR out?
Appreciate 0