View Single Post
      12-16-2010, 07:05 PM   #26
flightz71
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 535i

^ First off, what the fu*k is a LS-F? It's a LF-A, get it right. If you do some reading instead of just have the same close minded "it's a Lexus at $375k wtfbbq?", you will actually get somewhere.

The LF-A can command that price tag. They are making 500 units for the whole world, and the car utilizes no compromise components everywhere that took 10 years to perfect. Custom made V10, full titanium exhaust, carbon monocoque, digital display cluster, fully customizable palate of colors and materials, etc. Even the carbon used was a new composite invented just for the car. The cabin is tuned so you can hear the sound of the engine.

It's a state of the art master piece that may not be the fastest but is a engineering marvel with pure exclusivity. That sounds like $375k to me. This is even besides the point that rich people don't give a sh1t if it's $375k or 500k.

Regarding the BMW vision concept, $200k will be a fail price tag. The car is rocking a 3 cylinder diesel + a hybrid drivetrain and does 0-60 the same as a e46 M3. 75MPG is a impressive number no doubt, but people pay this kind of money for performance, engineering feats and craftsmanship, not how efficient a vehicle is. Moreover, if I recall, they are planning to build 5000-10000 units? There is no exclusivity whatsoever, not nearly enough of a status symbol to justify the price tag.
Appreciate 0