Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary88 View Post
I'm actually with Alamy, and I have 242 listed at the moment. I started in 09/08 and didn't get my first sale until two years later. I really need to upload more, I'd like to get my portfolio to around 1,000.

I've been meaning to put together the ~40 image portfolio that getty requires for review before approving you as a submitter but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
Interesting. My friends at Getty only have 60 to 100 images up so far, but they're earning $200 to $600 per month about three-years in. My friends all specialize in wildlife photography. They say that they get a lot of repeat business, apparently from the same artistic directors that have "discovered" them and keep coming back. Of course, the exact nature of the buyers is hidden, so it's hard to know what's going on with your own portfolio.

I'm thinking of setting up a web site to allow print ordering and maybe convert one of my vanity books into something generally of interest, to see what happens. I need to do a lot of research to find a host that suits me.

I've just started tracking revenue and expense (mostly expense) and plan to file a Schedule C with my 2012 tax return. Deducting equipment is attractive, but I'd like to support my hobby eventually and recover some or all of my prior investment.

Dave