View Single Post
      11-29-2012, 10:11 PM   #1
JJH
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: IB E92 M3 DCT; SG E90 325i

E92 335i intro

It took me a little while but I finally found myself a ‘07 manual E92 335i a few weeks back. Saphire Black w/ Black and brushed alu trim, totally untouched and only 51k kms with FBMWSH. The only obvious options are the front BMW aero lip extension and rear bar. A pre-owned 335i is near impossible to find in any numbers here in Canberra; this one came from Sydney.

The first job after getting it home was part of a weekend attending to the paint: clay, 3 step polish and wax. The polishing steps made easier with a DAS-6 random orbital machine, Festool pads and Menzerna compounds. All then topped with Dodo Juice Purple Haze.

I have in store a few aesthetic and mechanical/tuning mods, most of which most guys on here have. I have been hitting up Stuart at BMR Autowerkes with a heap of questions and gathered useful info from him.

The one that has me stumped are downpipes. To get to the point, I am leaning towards a set of AR catless DPs after good reports from the US and locally. One thing that is a question mark for me is whether anyone here has experienced the “bad smell” I have seen mentioned in the US. I assume this is sulphur dioxide (rotten-egg gas) coming from the exhaust because of the deleted primary cats.

It surprises me to hear that as I would have thought that keeping the secondaries should prevent this. Has anyone experienced this or have any views please?
Attached Images

Last edited by JJH; 07-03-2017 at 06:57 PM..
Appreciate 0