Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxipad96 View Post
I'm running Stg1+FMIC ST Aggressive I8A0S v402. Just installed it AFTER I got home from having intercooler installed. AFTER installing new map I now have what feels like an uncomfortable surge when starting from a red light with just normal everyday driving acceleration. Are others experiencing this as well on this map? I did not have the surge with just intercooler on regular stage 1 agg no FMIC map.

Thanks
Ah, the 2k Surge! Welcome to the Club!

Here is (before the fix) my Pro Etune Throttle curve looks like (at or around 2k RPM), you can see the RPMs are Cyan, Green represents the Throttle, as you can see the spikes, which will cause the surges. The Pedal position is the brownish curve in the center, steady per say. And when steady, you get these unexpected surges, as if you put the pedal to the metal.

not sure if you are experiencing the same thing I did. If so, its the Throttle Management that has to be adjusted. S1+ Agg. you really need to experience this on a higher level (pro Tune where its more aggressive) IMO to even know its there. Funny how you can feel it and or notice it. (if we are talking about the same thing).

Here is what S1+ Agg. Throttle graph looks like, you can see the spike, which is what you may be feeling. Really nothing to be concerned with. But its built in the Throttle Management and only an experienced tuner and or COBB can make the fix. Funny though, once I went back to OTS, I can feel it a bit, probably cause I knew it was there. But, if you can feel it, I believe others can too.

Dzenno with Pro Tuning Freaks and I did a lot of trail and error before we discovered the issue and then the fix. He adjusted the throttle mapping and built it into my MAPs, as well as other customers.

I would think COBB can make this adjustment but not sure if its isolated to I8AOS. Hope this helps.

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI

Last edited by VNeBLOB42; 12-11-2012 at 11:09 AM..
Appreciate 0