05-19-2009, 01:41 AM   #17
PKumarM3
Air India
India
Rep
Drives: 2018 Dodge Durango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orb View Post
We all know Turner list camber plates and some that don't even fit just like the brake pads they list.

The Vorshlag plates are junk as they don't fit right. The stack height is wrong and the nuts hit the tower and brace. They also make a lot of noise. This is what you get when you try to make e36 camber plate and use it to fit another application...it is called a hack when one doesn’t even check. They have tired to fix their plates twice but have failed to do it right. This is what happens when someone pretends to be an engineer….incompetence.

The KW plates fit perfect and make no noise so that is why people ask for them.

Orb
whoa whoa whoa

I have used many of the Vorshlag products on my E46 M3 and they have worked beautifully.

The camber plates are ones that are used all the time w/moton suspensions. Their strut bar is a nice piece of work made by John Mason of Mason engineering. I have their motor mounts and tranny mounts on my race car as well..

The owner of Vorshlag was one of the people that started/head engineers at Koni, that eventually split into Moton/AST/Ohlins.

I would not say that they are incompetent or are "pretend engineers"

Noises are inherent with RACE components on street cars. Take a ride with me in my E46 race car and you will understand what "noises" are. Fitment is another issue and I have done research on this forum, but I guess I haven't gone through the "Vorshlag Camber Plates suck" threads.

The KW Plates should fit perfectly, but the no noise, could mean a few things as well.

Either way, thanks for your opinion, as I value all views of a story!

Appreciate 0