View Single Post
      11-09-2009, 09:08 AM   #3
cincy335i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 Black Saph 335i coupe 6mt

I did the same thing, and was getting all of the same errors as you mentioned. Everytime I thought it had uploaded the new firmware, it would say that the ECU was restarting but nothing, it would just sit (I let it sit for over 10 minutes) and not ever do anything. Then I would hit the ok button and it would not again let me do anything, again having to restart (it would go online, it wouldn't find com4, it wouldn't even display the firmware version when I attempted to display the firmware info). I haven't attemted a reinstall since unplugging the car's battery.

Would the ECU locking up during a firmware update and failure cause the fuel pump to go haywire and the car to act in this manner? It was crazy. Reduced engine power lights, and then that buzzing sound when you would turn the car off, three distinct buzzes, never before. Codes galore, but multiple HPFP codes, but during the day yesterday no issues, and have never had any like this.

Thanks for the help.
Performance |PROcede V5|Stett CAI|UUC/Corsa Exhaust|AA Intercooler|RPI Scoops|Stett Charge Pipe w/Forge DV's|UUC Evo3 SSK/DSSR|Mod CDV Style |Aero Lip|Aero rear|Aero Spoiler|M-Tech Side Skirts|Black Calipers|Black Grille|Black Shadow emblem|Black Vinyl Wrapped Window Trim|35%Tint|Tinted Tails|Style 230 19"rims|Lux H8'sTech |Nav|Cold Weather|Premium|Comfort Access|Sport|
Appreciate 0