View Single Post
      04-23-2011, 04:09 AM   #1
Pharaoh2716
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Not Impressed With Audi S5

Hello all, its been a while since I posted on here, but just wanted to let you know of a recent experience I had. I went to the audi dealership today to take a look at the S5, and to see how it compared to my 2011 335 coupe. The SA brought out a beautiful white S5 with black napa interior, and i'm not going to lie, I liked the look a lot more than my 335. He pulled it out of the dealership, let me get in, and introduced me to the various components of the interior. I found the navigation system to be very complicated, there were to many switches here and there, and the overall look of the interior was too "busy" for my taste. Upon driving my initial reactions were that the steering was incredibly loose, the pickup was terrible, yet the handling was quite planted with the quattro system. The thing that really annoyed me was the pickup of this car. In third gear I floored it, and expected to be thrust into the back of my seat...yet it seemed like the car was in fifth or sixth gear to be honest. The exhaust note was deep, but honestly when revved to the higher RPMs it sounded like someone was farting. I am so happy that I decided to buy my 335 over this "competition". The 335 is so much tighter, more user friendly, and overall a much better car. Just thought I would share
Appreciate 0