View Single Post
      07-10-2019, 05:43 AM   #37
blues n twos
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 DCT coupe

found original pictures...

Hi all, anyone with An E93 might know about water ingress into the boot. After much research it seem to be the tubes that drain water away that get clogged with debris.

Now BMW will charge about £600 to remove the roof to gain access to the top of these tubes ....... however, after much research I found a way to clear these from under the car

My boot was dry all bar a few drips but I did have some water on the nearside quater light after retracting it even though it has not rained for ages!!!

So to access these drain tubes you need to jack the rear of the car uo and just infront of the rear wheel is a rubber mudflap thing. This needs to be removed by removing one panel type plastic fixing and two plastic T25 bolts.

Mud flap thingy

This is one of the T25's and the other is just behind the flap.

Once done you can swing the mudflap away exposing the round plastic drain plug. This you need to twist a bit and it should come out.

This is what you will see once the mudguard is removed
From the side this is the bit that gets clogged with muck and then the water backs up

Once removed about 4 litres of rancid smelly pond water poured out and this was the same side as the wet window. I did the same on the other side but apart from some gunk it was dry.

I fed some flexible garden wire all the way in and it went about a metre up and you can here it rattling about behind the panels. This will ensure no blockages further up.

Cheaper than £600 eh and worth doing to all E93's

Hope this helps someone out

Jon
Dpc2u11503.00
wdb4721.50