View Single Post
      06-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #931
TheBlondeFella
First Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: E93 320i M Sport

I'm not ignoring you, but not all of us can all afford the best of everything all the time.

I have received some great advice so far on here from yourself and others.

Your budget and speck though seems much higher than mine. I imagine you can appreciate the better quality though as well. I'm just looking for a value for money low to mid priced option. That's all I need for my simple tastes.

The Glayden speaker set up (at he current price) seems to tick the right boxes even though it is more than I initially wanted to spend.

You have commended Jammy for just adding OE tweeters as it makes a big difference. If I can stretch to the Glayden set up now, won't that be even better seeing as I can get them for what appears to be a great price.

If I can only afford half he price of a £300 Glayden amp, even this has to be an improvement over stock?

I'm sure there are plenty of forum members who either have an amped system with stock speakers or just good speakers with no amp.

You yourself have posted that you can use this speaker set up with an Alpine amp for example.

You say i cant use any 'normal amp'. What do I need to look for and what prices do they start at? Could I not buy separately the Alpine amp that comes with the Alpine BMW speaker upgrade with these speakers as a cheaper alternative?

I will admit I am very naive to BMW set ups and I'm finding a lot of it confusing as I've never had these issues with previous cars. I don't even know what LOC is for example.

I have fitted numerous systems to my old cars however including my own custom speaker shelves and sub enclosures. These have all been done on a reasonable budget and sounded to my humble ears quite good. This is all that I'm trying to re create now. It's just proving bl**dy difficult. :0)

I'm being bought the speakers as a gift. I can't afford an expensive amp and I don't want to appear ungrateful by not fitting them. I just need a little help at looking at the lower end of the market.

Last edited by TheBlondeFella; 06-28-2013 at 12:05 AM..
Appreciate 0