View Single Post
      06-23-2019, 12:40 PM   #775
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i 6MT

Seattlesquash me thinks it's just because my engine is old - I'm sure the tune is fine

desertman123 I thought of the same thing in regards to the radiator- thanks for your input my dude. I'd love to tear down the original to see what's good. I've taken real good care of this engine - would love to reuse it! tried reaching out to that UK based shop to see if they could recreate that gnarly engine in that 1er that was posted about a while back. I want to reach out to the (previous/ original) owner to see if he has a build sheet with all the lovely details.

Biginboca I just moved back to Texas - been unpacking and trying to get my life together :

Only things I got done was the well needed diff flush and replaced the rear left window regulator
This oil burn issue existed prior to the blower as well. Imagine how the Disa transition dies off at the top end, but earlier (around 5.5k).

Strange thing is that sometimes I can manage to get through the power band successfully without that die off in power. Dont know how I do it.. I think if I make it a steady climb and not completely flooring it... but where's the fun in that? I finally got those nice speed limits out here on the edge of town

I worry about the health of the replacement ... but I'd feel like a fool to pass up that engine for the cost. Maybe I can try to do an on the fly compression test and see if we are good or not