View Single Post
      06-30-2021, 10:51 AM   #3
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
Eh....disagree with you here. That front office is in turmoil right now. I actually used to be a pretty big Mavs fan (have met MC a few times) and still follow them but kind of switched over to the Bucks the last few years after Dirk retired (I live in Wisconsin). Kidd was not very good as a coach here even though I loved him as a player both times with the Mavs. He is definitely a downgrade from Carlisle and Donnie Nelson was the closest person to Luka....so that was a downgrade, too.

This isn't to mention the rumor has been the real one calling the shots is that Volgaris guy who MC hired out of professional gambling. At this point, I don't know that Luka stays there. A month ago, it was a given he would stay.
Kidd may be a step down from Carlisle in terms of basketball knowledge, but players like him and with the direction the NBA is going in terms of being more player friendly, I think he can succeed. He took his lumps as a rookie head coach, sure, but not many guys are successful with their 1st HC job and hes done well as the lakers assistant HC.

Also think the FO turmoil is being overblown. Nico has been a great talent evaluator for Nike, has tons of player contacts and players like him, and has a pretty good amount of basketball knowledge. Cuban might be a meddler, but he is willing to pay the money to improve the team.

As for Luka, there were also a lot of rumors he didnt get along with Carlisle and like his style, and wasnt a fan of Nelson either. All these moves this offseason have been made to keep him happy and I'd be surprised if he passes up on the max contract to go elsewhere, especially if they can build a better roster around him.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0