Thread: Elmo's E92 335i
View Single Post
      03-23-2013, 01:42 AM   #63
xtremelimit
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i / E70 X5

So Friday I received my oem M3 air ducts and oem M3 carbon fibre mirrors, thanks to Stu (BMR) and Shane (DR-JEKL).

I dropped the mirrors off this morning with my panel beater who will re-paint it to glossy black.

I had no plans for today so I decided to install the air ducts, it was a simple task, most of the time was spent trimming the ducts and refitting the front bar to make sure the ducts cleared.

Front bar off.

The ducts are a straight fit onto our M3 rep front bumper, anyone with a M3 rep front I recommend you going with the air ducts and fog delete, makes a big difference to how the car looks.

The ducts came with metal plates attached to it so I removed them for better airflow to the oil cooler.

Test fitting the ducts to the bumper.

As you can see in this picture you can attach the drivers side air duct to oil cooler but you will have to trim the front duct, I decided to attach both ducts to the bumper, easier and looks cleaner.

Next, was to trim off the fog grill brackets from the front bumper, using a rotary dermal makes it so much easier. Just be careful with trimming especially if your front bumper is already painted.

Trimming done!

Ducts with fog grill brackets removed.

The ducts were too long, it would hit the guard liner so trimming needed to be done. Decided to use a hack saw to make it easier hahaha

I trimmed enough to clear guard liners, cars chassis etc and not too much that you would see it from the front.

Double sided tape was used to secure the ducts to the bumper, I also used sikaflex just to be safe.

Passenger side and drivers side attached!

Front bumper back on!

And the finish product, I'm really happy that I went with the fog delete route. The car looks so much better, I was sick of looking at the empty fog grills hahaha.

It was a simple DIY, so anyone can pretty much do it, only took me a couple of hours by myself.

Last edited by xtremelimit; 03-24-2013 at 02:06 AM..
Appreciate 0