ssshake
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328i coupe 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster4075 View Post
T-MC-G ...we're trying!

Okay, thanks to Steaman for some inspiration on this one! However, I have to disagree with some of the info on the CID - there are two ports on the back...one for the dedicated LVDS cable (which DOES go directly to the CCC and CID), the other port likely gives the CID power, ground and bus connection as you say. I did some studying with the WDS and came up with this (I think I have this figured out "on paper"....)

Display (CID):
-is hooked up by dedicated LVDS cable directly to CCC (12 pins each side, looks like a shielded cable)
-is hooked up by another 12-pin connector (although only four pins are used according to WDS) I figure if you tap into the 16-pin connector (x13812) on the back of the CCC, you can get all the signals we need:
Pin 1 of the CID: 30G (power) ----> hook to pin 15 on back off CCC(x13812)
Pin 3 of the CID: 31L (ground)----> hook to pin 12 on back of CCC(x13812)
Pin 5 of the CID: K-Can High -----> hook to pin 11 on back of CCC(x13812)
Pin 6 of the CID: K-Can low ------> hook to pin 9 on back of CCC(x13812)

I-drive controller:
-Is hooked up via 4-pin cable which is non-existent on non-idrive cars - if we tap into the same pins (as above) for the CID, I think we can get it working also:
Pin 1 of the controller: 30G(power) ----> hook to pin 15 on back off CCC(x13812)
Pin 2 of the controller: 31E(ground) ---> hook to pin 12 on back of CCC(x13812)
Pin 3 of the controller: K-Can high -----> hook to pin 11 on back off CCC(x13812)
Pin 4 of the controller: K-Can low ------> hook to pin 9 on back off CCC(x13812)

CCC Fan:
The three pin fan on the back of the CCC needs to be hooked up to the CCC (x13813 - 12-pin connector, left port on back of CCC, only used for AUX on the normal professional radio I think...) - this is how I think it should be:
Pin 1 of fan: Volts(+) ----> hook to pin 1 on back of CCC(x13813)
Pin 2 of fan: diag ------> hook to pin 11 on back of CCC(x13813)
Pin 3 of fan: Volts(-) -----> hook to pin 5 on back of CCC (x13813)

Antenna lead - well, hmmm....we'll have to tear the headliner down and look at what's up there now...but very simple unless we use a hidden antenna under the dash. Personally, I would like to hook it up like it was designed! We'll figure it out with all the resourceful people on here...

Will someone please check my pin-outs vs. the WDS and see if it all seems right? If so, I'll attempt to hack up my spare harness and test it on the "the bench" before ordering a new dashboard up.
Have you confirmed if this pinout works? I just got a CIC unit and was planning to tap the CID and controller into the back of the CIC harness using your instructions.
Appreciate 0