View Single Post
      07-23-2019, 05:58 PM   #3
Doesale
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i, 1998 328is

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpaul View Post
You have a problem - P0171 is bank 1 too lean - you probably have a leak in the intake. Conceivably, this has something to do with your OBDII monitor problem although I can't tell from your description what is actually happening.

But regardless, attend to this P0171 problem, don't just keep driving.

Edit: unless you never cleared the code after the "repair". Just not clear what you did or didn't do and what order you did or didn't do it in.
I tried clearing the code after the repair but since it was a permanent code, it would not go away until I completed a drive cycle. I assumed the problem was fixed though because my CEL didn't come back on like how it normally would after clearing the codes. Nonetheless I uninstalled jb4 and it set the monitors within 20 minutes of driving below 3k rpm and not punching it to be clear the issue I was having was jb4 was set to map 0 and can clear off (1/4 map), after 10 minutes of driving without coming to a complete stop I would get a couple monitors complete but the moment I came to a complete stop (red light) they would reset hence why I was not able to get rid of that p0171 code on the scanner. Now I have 0 codes
Appreciate 0