Ali-E90
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 323i (Cdn)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [8.00]
2007 BMW 323i  [8.50]
Going to try to chime in a bit on a few posts....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacebror View Post
What about volume levels?
The maximum level this unit allows is not loud enough for me.
I have the loudness button selected in the EQ. But after that, no change.
Also Netflix is really quiet.
Using aftermarket amps/speakers (I've revamped my whole audio) I had issues with volume levels, which is why I decided to go back to my Pioneer. Using OEM amps, most seem to say volume is generally sufficient, but if it's not, this could be one of the downsides of going to a cheaper chinese unit.

Try using a modified MCU firmware, or even updating to a custom ROM that includes Viper4Android. Lots of info on XDA forums, try searching keywords soundpatched MCU (for modified MCU - should help with sound quality and volume) and also Hal9k (for custom ROM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy909 View Post
Do these aftermarket head units bypass the amp that is supposedly in the left rear trunk of my E93?
I have the regular hifi system without nav and am wondering what is going to be powering the subs under the front seats? The Eonon's are 45 x 4 I think... seems meager to be the only power source for everything.

From everything I've read I'm still not getting a clear consensus of how good or bad the sound fidelity is compared to the stock system.
By default this will use your stock wiring, which means it will continue to use your OEM amp (if you have one). Base audio systems don't have an amp and the speakers will be driven directly from the HU.
Of course you could wire it so that the Eonon amp powers some of the speakers, but I wouldn't recommend it... either use OEM amp or upgrade to an aftermarket amp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck335 View Post
If you have the base system I think you might need to connect the speakers to the RCA outputs of the Eonon. My understanding is that the RCA are speaker out, but the 16-pin harness has only line level outputs (i.e., not powerful enough to drive speakers).
The RCA are definitely not speaker out... they are low level outputs to connect to an aftermarket amp. I think Kenship connected the eonon in his base system, and I think the harness just routes the appropriate signal to the speakers directly (since base cars are pre-wired accordingly), no extra work required.
Hard for me to confirm, despite having base audio, everything in my car is upgraded, and I'm using aftermarket amps. But that's how I can confirm that the RCAs are not speaker outputs, but low level outputs (and not the greatest voltage, I might add).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacebror View Post
I don't have the Base. I have the hi-fi if I remember correctly. I have the subs under the front seats. I had to buy the adapter to the fiber optic.

I have happy with the sound quality. I don't listen at low levels really to notice any issues. I personally think it's an improvement in sound (other than the radio signal sucking) but I am also not using a Bluetooth adapter hooked up to the line in like I was before. I run a hotspot and listen to streaming that way. The bass seems to be more solid.

Just not loud enough, it would hurt my ears before.
Yeah, although not quite the same scenario (you with Logic7, me with aftermarket amps), but I had the same issue when I swapped my Pioneer deck for this Eonon... just wouldn't get nearly as loud even after adjusting gains etc. I ended up going back to my Pioneer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy909 View Post
If I order this for my E93, do I need to buy the USB dongle? Seems like this should be built in.

If you did install this, did you use it with the preexisting USB plug in the arm rest storage?
My car didn't come with an existing USB plug, but the Eonon has a total of 3 you can wire up... so I wired one into the glove box, one into the center console, and a third near the driver footwell (to make ODB access, phone connection easier).