08-12-2008, 11:48 PM   #49
mc68386
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '06 330i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malekreza11 View Post
Hey guys,

With the FADER set to 0 or biased toward the rear like how some others recommended, you will get that dreaded rear fading issue, where it sounds like the rear's are cutting in and out.
--Malek
Can you elaborate on the rear fader issue? I've got this on my 330, but I've never seen it discussed on the boards, despite searching for it several times. Have I just been clueless? I took mine to the dealer and asked them to fix it, and of course they said it sounds fine.
For me, the song that brings out the problem the most is "Overkill" by Men at Work, which I've only ever heard over Sirius. I have a feeling that the highly compressed MP3s on Sirius hide some of the frequencies that the rear crossover relies on, making the crossover points erratic. The problem still exists but is less pervasive with quality MP3s & real CDs.

I don't really like pushing the fader biased to the front as a workaround, because then the rear is totally silent 90% of the time, turning my $1500 11 speaker system into a 7 speaker (front only) system.

Has anyone gotten the dealer to admit a problem, or even *GASP* fix it?