View Single Post
      12-17-2020, 02:47 PM   #2
Expert@ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8N View Post
I got sick of flats with my 19" 230s and a few years ago just got all seasons for my winter wheels which are 157s. Got 245/40-17 all around. Those tires are now almost worn out, yes worn out not damaged! Should I just replace the tires or is it possible to fit 255s all around with carefully selected offsets? I don't really have an interest in going back to staggered, and don't mind the meaty look at all. But it seems at a glance that I'd have to spend a lot of money for just 10mm and that's all I'm going to get. Am I wrong?
Hi there,

On the E9X non-M chassis, the most popular square 17" setup we see runs the following specs:

Front & Rear: 17x9" ET30 with 245/40-17 tires
-Direct fit.
-255/40-17 can be used but may require front negative camber.
-5mm front spacers may be required with certain aftermarket suspensions

With a 17x9" ET30 wrapped in 245/40-17 tires at all four corners, this setup will be a direct fit on a stock or lowered non-M E9X. As a wider alternative, you can also run 255/40-17 tires but in some cases with more aggressive compounds, a touch of additional negative camber may be required. However, with all-seasons, you might be able to get away without any additional front camber, as long as your ride height isn't set too low.

Hope this helps!

-Geirsen