12-22-2020, 12:47 PM   #8
N8N
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
Your questions/intentions are more confusing than the storyline of the movie Tenet...

First you're interested in running wider wheels so that you can run marginally wider tires.

Then you're asking about running wider tires, but don't want to run any more negative camber because god forbid you actually take advantage of the performance that a wider tire would bring in the first place.

The cherry on top is wanting to run questionable DSW tires, which are already garbage when new...because that makes sense
I'm not sure what you find confusing... I just want to be able to drive my car without worrying about flats. If I can fit 255s great. If not, that's fine too.

I think you're the only person who's called the DWSs "garbage" - everyone seems to love them - except me. Sucks when you hit a pothole and flat a $350 rear tire and your road hazard claim is denied because the sidewall cracked so it must be "improper installation". (yes, this happened to me, twice, and this is why I am running 17s now.) I guess I'm the only person who doesn't drive on a billiard table? FWIW I thought the tires were OK while they lasted whereas the BFGs on there now have been excellent in every way except that now that they're almost worn out they are loud as hell.

It really sounds like what I ought to do is just save a little money up and replace the tires that I have with the same size. I'm thinking maybe Pilot Sport A/S this time?
Appreciate 0