10-30-2008, 11:27 AM   #2621
iScream
solid @ 153, no, 155mph!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07/'09/'13 335, '16 340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias1980 View Post
I justed talked with the head of Rototest and what they offer is extremly accurate "solid state" dyno. They will be able to measure absolute torque at all RPM's but plaese note that this will not show the lag.

Rototest told me that they have been waiting for people to start discussions like this one as cars can change a lot in behaviour due to new software... The question is what is within specification.. he told me that these kind of issues has more pr impact then judicial for car manufacturers.

Rototest are normally not working with private persons as customers but are willing to test a car for 2000 SEK ($300). He also told me that the best thing would be if we hooked up with a car magazine in order to get some more weight on our test.

So what is you opinion about power and lag with the 29.2+ software, is it a lack of power below 3000 RPM or are we fooled by the lag? I think we miss a bit of torque together with the lag.
I'd contribute to the cause, if it is done right. Rototest is the only dyno I've seen that almost perfectly replicates BMW's advertised curve.

Do they do the dyno test at WOT for all RPM? Or is it a gradual acceleration?
Appreciate 0