View Single Post
      05-17-2008, 10:50 AM   #54
de.abeja
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 sedan

I don't get paid $75/hr to do a critical care transport for unstable pediatric organ transplant candidates. As an RN I make some good money but the reason for that is my education and responsibility of holding others life in my hands, this is washing and cleaning a car for christsake.

While this may be apples to oranges in some respects. $75/hr is still a lot of money....however....if a job is bidded out at X dollars and is done in 10hrs by one guy and 4hrs by another (all work quality equal) then yes the 4hr guys deserves to be paid "more" because if his efficient time usage by virtue of experience.

$1200 is still $1200 and not exactly walking around money for most people, this is a major purchase. If the guys are going to turn the car around from the scratched-up bird sh!t express and give you a damn near concours detail , then think about how happy you will be to see your baby in such good order.

I would at least be asking for a discount on regular details from this guy in the future, set up a schedule and have it become maintenance instead of major repair endevours.
Appreciate 0