View Single Post
      06-01-2018, 12:33 PM   #7
rick100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemjinX2 View Post
if thats what they say...i would just stick with the stock headers.
I dont think its really worth your time to try to get it work and risk blowing up your engine.

Headers on a supercharger do not yield as large benefits compared to a turbo charger since the supercharger is crank driven and not driven by exhaust gases like the turbo.

you would probably make more power going to a smaller super charger pulley or larger intercooler.

but at $4700, it would probably be cheaper for you to trade in your car and just buy a 335i, unless you really really love your 328i. In the used market the difference between a 328i and 335i is around $2-3k from what i seen.
it really depends... In my case it would not be cheaper. I spent a lot of money doing preventive maintenance ( 2000$) car already has headers ( 600 $) , 3 stage intake ( 400$) , tune ( 500 $) , opti coating pro ( 800). I had the car since it had 8000 miles so I know the whole history, condition of the car. I was about to do a suspension upgrade ( 2000$) . If I were to put it up for sale , I would not get anywhere near the amount of money that I ve spend on this car. I would be trading my perfect condition 328 for an unknown condition 335. Then I would have to spend probably around 1k on licensing , tax , insurance , safety.. The 2-3k easily becomes a 5k difference if you factor all in , maybe even more. Then you may have to still worry about maintenance on the 335 ( blown turbo's , etc , etc)

Other guys have full suspension upgrade, and other mods done to their cars

So its not easy to just say trade a 328 for a 335. There are a lot of factors to consider.

For someone that has a stock 328 and that has not done any maintenance or upgrades to their car , and they know the car will need some major maintenance done sooner or later, or for someone having issues with their 328 , sure the trade is worth it , there isn't much risk involve.

Also keep in mind , maintenance on an older 335 can be pretty expensive.

If I had a FBO RWD 6 speed 328 that has been reliable , I would consider the ESS supercharger. The car would be a beast , specially around the track
Appreciate 0