View Single Post
      02-20-2012, 07:17 AM   #9
foxy-stoat
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320 E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetwentie View Post
I didn't disconnect the battery before removing the connectors, but from memory these are the ones i removed:

Cigarette Lighter connector
Gearbox light indicator connector
idrive connector
rear console connectors
fakra connector (Bluetooth I believe)
one other connector that resides under the centre console which is similar to the two connectors on the back of the climate control unit.

The tensioners were working fine previously as far as i'm aware as the light had never come on previously.

I knew about removing the battery before messing with anything airbag related, but didn't realise it was necessary for the centre console. The only think i can think of is that it was necessary to slight the seats all the way forward (electric seats) in order to remove the rear console (the one with the heater vents for rear passengers). could this have caused a connector to come loose? - I will check later when I finish work.
Sorry dude, was aimed at the OP.

Not sure what you have done with your problem. I guess disconnect your battery, check all connectors and tensioners and re-connect.

Moving the seats forward wouldnt of disconnected seat plugs as you need to pull a black slidey tab out. Could of broken a wire but unlikely.

I dont have i drive so dont know what extra gubbins you have.
Appreciate 0