Thread: DME warning...
View Single Post
      12-12-2018, 04:32 PM   #29
bmos
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MX-5; 1991 745Turbo

I know this is an older thread but it's worth posting what I found today to help anyone else who finds this via searching:

2007 328xi SULEV. F2 in the fuse carrier popped when my boss drove through a bit pothole.
Computer codes pointed me to the main relay which wasn't getting power and thus to fuse F2. A new fuse had the car running but, when I shifted it from drive back into reverse, the fuse popped again. 3rd fuse got the car back inside and then I started looking deeper at what was drawing so much amperage: the passenger side motor mount bracket had sheared the aluminum bolts and the motor had fallen about 30mm and was pinching the thermostat heater wiring between the water pump and the subframe. When I shifted from drive into reverse, the motor slammed down against the wiring and shorted it out again.

$10 in new bolts and 30minutes to remove the old mount for the room to unscrew the old broken bolts (they come easy out by hand or with a pick), then bolt it back up torquing to spec, wiring repair for the thermostat wiring, and just like that we have a perfectly running 94k N51 again.

Other things purported to be on F2: SAI pump, EVAP leak detection pump, DISA.
Appreciate 1