Thread: DME warning...
View Single Post
      09-14-2020, 03:40 PM   #30
335i N55
Rep
Drives: 335ix N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i101 View Post
Recently my car started surging and was undrivable...I was in northern WI and no dealerships anywhere. I had it towed 220 miles to my local dealership.---insurance covered it

After there inspection they said I needed a new DME and with parts and labor it was $1900.00. I had my suspicions and had tje car towed toy house.

Ran some tests and found it was a blown fuse in the ECU box, replaced and car is running perfect.....just a heads up to all!
Hello and good day. I believe my DME in my 2011 335i xDrive (e90) may have just bricked. The car needed a jump, and now there is clicking everywhere from the passenger side fuse box, no crank at all, new battery, and it is charged for sure. I have read that you do "reprogramming" of new DME/CAS all that from the Bimmerfest forums. Can I ask you what I should do at this point and what i need to send to you to reprogram? I could buy a matching DME and CAS, would that solve my issue? Or does the cluster not communicate properly then? I'm sorry for the dumb questions, I am in a panic, and reaching for straws.

Thank you for any advice or direction.

Patrick
Appreciate 0