View Single Post
      03-06-2024, 07:12 AM   #12
wrp_199
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerman View Post
The Loader 6.1, once all up and running, displays in the Taskbar an icon which if right clicked shows a pop-up menu in which you can select:
*(KL15 - "Terminal 15")

KL15 ON
i.e. ignition ON(engine OFF)
or
KL15 OFF
i.e. ignition OFF(engine OFF)

Unlike an ICOM, K+DCAN cable does not have direct KL15(nor KL30) voltage sensing capability(though it can transmit related data sent from ECUs, hence the importance of monitoring the PSU's voltage during sessions) so this feature is there to manually force ISTA-P to receive the required signal of KL15 ON/OFF, as required by the process at hand(since the actual/physical turning ON/OFF of ignition does not get communicated directly). This is why when using K+DCAN cable the KL15/KL30 voltages in ISTA-P will remain at some set/predetermined value like 14V(without any relation to actual voltages) and not fluctuate, whereas with an ICOM, the actual voltages shown in ISTA-P will differ between the two, and each may vary slightly in real-time depending on the load.

Below is ISTA-P v3.72 with OSE(One Stop Electronics) K+DCAN cable connected via ISTA-P Loader 6.1.
Hi, thank you for all your elaborated messages in this thread, it was really nice to read them. Have you tried to upgrade any module with loader 6.1 and ista-p 3-72? I've tried several times to get newer versions of ista-p working with kdcan cable (since I never update any MOST module) but no matter what I tried that it fails on start if I use 6.1 loader (didnt know about the application.xml trick, may be I will try this)

I'm using ista-p version 3.67.1.006 which is the latest I found that works with kdcan without problems

Last edited by wrp_199; 03-06-2024 at 07:22 AM..
Appreciate 0