View Single Post
      12-22-2018, 09:08 AM   #102
rkstar9
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 3.5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik325tds View Post
That's the first time I've heard that camshaft bolts come loose on their own. Do you know if this car had work done on the head before?
Not sure, but the valve cover gasket looks rubbery. at this advanced level of miles it's unlikely it was not replaced. So based on that someone probably removed the cover. But no idea if the cams where messed with.

I don't think you'll be able to get a start out that engine though. There's no position of the camshaft where you can spin the crankshaft without the pistons hitting the the valves and vice versa.
Correct, the reason why I still have hope is that:

If the intake camshaft seized in one position. (this is not 100%) but lets examine that possibility since that seems to be the case.

and IF only one valve is open at any one time.

Then the same valve was hit more than once by the rotation of the crankshaft.

The other valves should still be intact. then? does that make sense

How many valves need to be intact for the car to start? I mean Im thinking really positive here. but even if they are all bent. Lets say they have really poor compression will the car still start?

Obviously Im assuming a lot of things here and Im not familiar with how these things fail and how far the piston bends the valves.

Still Im not asking for my 650lbs of torque just want the car to start. lol