View Single Post
      12-30-2018, 02:34 PM   #107
rkstar9
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 3.5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelubelea View Post
Did you check the threads in the aluminium cylinder head ?I mean the threads for the camshafts holders screws..
I saw one motor like this in Europe, due to a timing chain failure had the camshafts and few valves bented and the camshafts holders pushed up pulling the screws out from the cylinder head ..
The mechanic tried to repair the threads with inserts but no luck in finaly when the new camshafts didn't rotate at all because the holders gone unaligned and gave it up instaling another head on the block.
Good to know, I will be sure to inspect. I did not feel anything abnormal when re tightening them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persian Whisperjet View Post
Good grief...
lol!

This arrived the other day.

Ebay seller claims it's from a 335d with 80k (so maybe it's really 150k )

Looks mostly good, but for one tab where there is a line etched on it.

I guess the real test to see if it's bent will be when I torque down the holders, see if it spins.

Did not realize that while it's true that the exhaust camshaft is holding it's timing. To remove the intake camshaft I have to remove an outer sproket. That sets the timing for the exhaust camshaft. So I will have to adjust timing regardless. Also It looks like both camshafts have to come out to replace the one.

So Im planning to mark everything with nail polish...

So this is what this should look like...good to know.