01-10-2019, 02:15 AM   #773
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattegreythree View Post
Hi,

Any coders around South East London or Essex area that could help me with a couple of issues?

1. The scroll wheel on my idrive does not really work. If i spin the wheel as fast as I can it will react extrememly slowly and i can get things done like resetting journey computer etc. but it's pretty ridiculous.
I assume this is what other people who claim their wheel doesn't work are experiencing too. If i reset/upgraded the idrive software would this start working? I understand from reading the forums that the system needs to be reset in order for a new scroll wheel to interact with it.

2. The bumpers have parking sensors in them with the cables however they do not lead anywhere further than the insisde of the boot. The idrive inside the car has the parking sensor button so if I bought the sender unit that is between the idrive and sensors what are the chances I will have fully working sensors? I want the visual display etc on the screen like you're meant to have.

Please let me know if you think you may be able to help
Hi,

1. I doubt this is a firmware or software issue. What generation of idrive do you have? CCC or CIC?

Try a hard reset. But it's more likely a hardware problem.

2. Have you actually inspected if you have a PDC control unit?

The e90 has a common problem with water ingress in the PDC module. Often it causes CAN bus faults and is unplugged as a quick fix. Have a look at the module. PDC is behind the trim by the battery in the boot.

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...ol-pdc/OXOJHMT
Appreciate 0