View Single Post
      03-24-2009, 09:38 AM   #63
Juicer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPO186 View Post
And correct me if I'm mistaken, didn't the code3/spearco come with tbolts? I believe the helix also came with some really nice clamps as well...
Yes. My Code3/spearco came with T-bolt clamps, silicone couplers and a new aluminum boost tube. The T-bolt clamps were nice. When i installed them it was tough to get my hands into the small space to tighten some of those T-bolts up, but well worth it because those babies are on tight and I've had zero issues with boost leaks etc after installing the FMIC.

I definately agree the stock FMIC is a major weak link in our N54's and there are several great options out there to upgrade it. I think anyone will notice a significant performance improvement when they upgrade. I was really suprised how much difference I could feel. Also cutting is no big deal. I was a little discouraged at first when I realized how much I needed to cut for my 135i, but after I was finished it looked clean and it was nice to get the plastic that is partially blocking the intercooler on my 135i out of the way. I used a $3 mini hack saw for the cutting and it worked great and my bumper stayed on the whole time. The dremel cut-off wheel was not usefull for me.
Appreciate 0